Whether you’re new to beauty or not, there’s always a tip or trick that can make life easier for you or change the game completely. Whether you’re looking to bring your save your skin, mix up your makeup routine, or simply learn something new, these tips founded by beauty artists (and me)should help you on your way!
1. Lengthen Your Lipsticks Uses: If you didn’t already know, I love a multi-tasking product.. lipsticks being my go to. If you’re pushed for time in the morning, and the typical happens and everything starts disappearing when you need it most, grab your lipstick and dab it on your cheekbones and blend out with the fingers for an instant lift (above the cheekbone will give an illusion of lift)I also add a touch of colour to my nose to tie everything together, trust me on this one..
2. Did You Forget To Highlight? The horror of leaving the house with no highlight for some of us is too much to bare! If, like me, you carry a clear balm in your handbag at all times, MARILYN Monroe has a trick for that.. to get her signature glow on camera Monroe would useVaseline! Grab it from your bag and dab it along the bridge of your nose and cheekbones for an instant lift.
3. How Was Your Sleep? If you’re sleep is sporadic and you don’t know if tonight you’ll sleep like a baby and tomorrow not at all, then you should definitely invest in a nude eye liner.. The neutral shade will instantly brighten the eye area and make them appear larger. Apply to the lower waterline, if that’s too scary for you (you’re not alone) smudge just below the lower lashes until natural. 1. Rimmel have a long wearing, high intensity, waterproof range called ‘Scandal Eyes’ at only £4.99, bargain!
4. Is Your Concealer Full Coverage? So often I found myself investing in concealers only for them not to give me the coverage I needed on my breakout days or bad nights sleep! A little hack I discovered that saved me was to apply the concealer and leave it for a few minutes, this lets the concealer dry down giving you fuller coverage! I’m a fan of the Collection Lasting Perfection concealers, the range is vast covering green, blue, and pink tones to combat discolouration, and the price point is great! At only £4.19 this concealer is a steal.
5. Tight for Time? Plans with the girls? A magnificent meal booked? Or going for a boogie? If you’re tight for time after a long day then you probably want to switch your makeup from day to night pronto.. Punch up your look with a bright lip, a bright lip is a captivating choice on everyone,, Charlotte Tilburys range of lipsticks are stunning, creamy, and tailored to your skin tone, at £25.00 they’re a little more pricey than your average lippy, but well worth it. Finally blot excess oil from your face with tissue paper or blotting pads to preserve your makeup for longer, and slay your evening look..
Give these hacks ago, and see if your 'get ready time' is cut in half!
Follow us on Instagram and Twitter @stylecartel to keep updated with the latest beauty stories!