We can not continue to eat healthier. During this time, I have never been happy to have made a lifestyle change to live a happy and more vigorous life. You might be under the impression that cooking healthy meals in a challenge. Escape With Us On A Virtual Retreat - With Euphoria Retreat and now try some of their great recipes.
We are here to help you on this journey with some quick, easy and delicious recipes to try this summer. Can you believe it is summer already? Let's get back to living but join our healthy train.
VEGAN CHOCOLATE SALAMI WITH OLIVE OIL AND ORANGE FLAVOR
makes 2 salamis
200 g biscuits of your choice
1/4 cup of dried figs, chopped
1/4 cup of black raisin of Korinthos
1/3 cup of toasted walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup of toasted hazelnuts, chopped
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon ground
1/2 tsp nutmeg ground
1/2 tsp cloves ground
1/2 tsp ginger ground
100 g dark chocolate
2 tbsp of almond milk
2 tbsp of orange juice
2 tbsp olive oil
40 g coconut sugar or cane sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Zest of 1 orange
- Place 1/4 of the biscuits in a food processor, and pulse a few times.
- Break the rest of the biscuits into small pieces with your hands. Add biscuits to a mixing bowl.
- Add chopped raisins, figs, walnuts, hazelnuts, cocoa powder, and spices to the biscuits, and mix everything well together.
- Melt chocolate over low heat using a double broiler. Once melted, add milk, rum, sugar, vanilla extract and zest of orange. Stir a few times around for a few seconds, until sugar melts.
- Pour melted chocolate over the biscuit mixture. Using a spoon mix everything well together.
- Place mixture on a parchment paper, and shape it into two small logs. Be careful not to hurt yourself with the hot mix. Roll up the paper tight, and wrap the ends like candy. Place in the fridge for a few hours to harden.
- To serve remove the parchment paper, and dust the salami with powdered sugar. Enjoy!
Green Salad with Pesto, tomatoes and manouri cheese
Ingredients for 4 portions
300gr Mixed Leaves Salad (Lollo Rosso, Lollo Biondi, Frisee Escarole, Radicchio, Endive)
150gr Manouri Cheese or any other soft cheese
150gr bell peppers (red,green,yellow)
50gr pesto basil
10 cherry tomatoes
15gr pine nuts toasted
Grill the peppers if you like.
Grill the soft cheese and cut it in small pieces
In a bowl incorporate the mixed leaves, peppers, cherry tomatoes, pesto
Serve the salad with the pine nuts on top
GREEN DETOX SMOOTHIE by EUPHORIA RETREAT
1/2 cup water (or orange juice)
1 green apple
5 pieces frozen loquat chunks
1/2 frozen banana
1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
1 cup fresh lettuce
small handful fresh mint
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until
smooth. Pour into a glass and serve right away.
2. If you don't have have a high-speed blender, I recommend
blending the spinach, cilantro, and ginger with the water first, to help
break them down completely. Then add in the fruit and lime juice,
and blend again.
We hope you enjoy and follow us on Instagram for more healthy ideas. If you have a recipe to share leave it in the comments below. We would love to try it.